Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Just Preturbed!

The title of this post references my last one as a bit as a joke. Now instead of rave reviews for [P/a] PERTURB/ation', I am just plain perturbed (wink).

Fashcon (Fashion Consolidated) is a superb resource for bloggers and buyers and one of the least expensive ways to expose shopkeeper designs to a number of fashionistas. I know that the rules get broken a LOT there and I frequently turn off the posts and just go back at the end of the day and read the ones of interest. I have found some fantastic shops with Fashcon.

But today once again a store owner sent out a photo of a free and cute dress (seemingly a good item to blog for you guys) and when I arrived amidst the hoards it was ONLY for her group. Never was ANY group mentioned in the Fashcon post or picture. Now this might have been the same notecard she sent out to HER group, but still. It seemed very much like a sneaky way to get people to the store and JOIN her group. So a bit of a rant here and I will feel better. And to be fair, it is NOT just her and not just this one instance.

In talking to my friends I think that we mostly agree we remember (and later buy from) the stores where we got that favorite little dress, those great jeans or that cute necklace. Those things stay in our "outfits" folders and don't get lost amongst the thousands of other items. We also remember -- not too fondly -- the places where the hunt items were BURIED in the floor (yes really) and only visible if you used wireframe mode (a hint there) and designers who sent out "come and get it!" messages when it was only for their store group.

So ranting done and I feel better - LOL.

Popular Posts