Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Streets of Sorrow


The city never sleeps; it merely weeps more quietly.



In the predawn light I remain watchful, safeguarding the citizens -- from their enemies -- from themselves.




The streets are raw and gritty with countless stories and little hope.



But we do our best to make it safer, to make it better, to offer hope.


Visit District 8 >> [Note: this is the shopping sim next to Hathian.]

Visit the Crack Den Visitor center >>


Style Notes:
********************************************
Hair: *Luscious Locks* Cindy_Auburn
Skin: []::Tuli::[] Hope (sunkissed/br) June
Clothing: ::HH:: Hucci Ms. Officer Costume
Shoes: [Decoy] Jully Boots - Onyx
Accessories: come with outfit


Some items may be gifts, prizes or simply no longer available. If you are having trouble locating a particular item, feel free to send me a message in world or add comment here on the blog and I will do my best to answer your questions.




Download my Windlight settings for this locale HERE.

BACKSTORY: The Crack Den is purportedly one of the most popular role play locations in Second Life (R). I have been researching RP areas, mostly for the richness of the builds associated with many of them.

I walked the streets of Hathian and District 8. There are five adjoining sims here, and if you plan to wander much, be sure and wear a visitor tag. Pick it up at the SLURL above for The Crack Den. I listened to their stories as an observer, keenly aware that I was not a part of their world. My prose above is simply my imagination, not part of their ongoing drama.

The textures are rich and the sims are fairly full, so there is lag and there is long time texture rezzing. The dialog is in third person and my impression is that the citizens are deep in the midst of writing an interactive, ongoing novel. Their characters have lives within the story and while there may be a theme, the story is yet unfolding.

When I saw this free sexy cop outfit mentioned on the Hucci blog, I had to run over there and do the apple bobbing bit. One bob every three minutes and eventually you have this costume. You'll need three wins for the complete set (top, bottom and accessories), but there aren't all that many wormy apples in the tub so I'm guessing an hour would be about average. Take a friend and chat. That's what I did.

You can also purchase the outfit right inside the front entrance to the shop. Less bobbing :D.

Comments

Popular Posts