Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Boo Hiss!



NO inventory!  Well an unavailable one anyway. That's a scary thought. I've lost things before; not as much as some other folks, but enough. HOH Allie in canapl disappeared one day, some other things I noticed and who knows how many others that I have convinced myself I deleted by mistake.

So I have spent the afternoon with fingers crossed that I  1. get back in eventually and 2. still have my 20,000 ish items. Now that's not a lot of stuff for a blogger, but I regularly weed and toss. Some things you can keep for a very long time and they are still --- timely :D. Other things I try on and go, "WHY did I keep that?"

Time moves quickly in SL and things that were top of the line a year ago are passe (and often ugly) now. That is just the way of the world. It is interesting that a few items make it through the technological improvements. I have a friend with a signature Last Call outfit that is still fantastic. I donated mine to charity and if someone is out there wearing it, good for you!

BEFORE I found I couldn't rez anything and logged off, I did do about 80 stops on the POE2 hunt. Now, my "doing" is most likely different from most folks. A few places I had seen photos on the Flickr stream, admired the prizes and looked up the shops. Then I went into URL hunt and peck mode, going through the official list and seeing what looked interesting.

In my youth *wink* I would have done them all, but time is more precious to me now and so I mostly looked for furniture shops and any place new I hadn't been that looked interesting.  I garnered 15 or so prizes and I found one new locale that I am excited about. Hopefully my prizes will still be there when I get that inventory up again.

Meanwhile, I'll be thinking of you and hoping that tomorrow brings good news on those isolated login issues :D

Cheers.



Edit: " For accounts which are not able to login, you may see an error message, “The inventory system is unavailable”. This is related to the work being done and does not signify any issues with your inventory."

OK. I hope so. Do I have FAITH? Not so much (wink). Still in limbo.

Update: BACK six hours later with inventory. Yeah!

Comments

Popular Posts