Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Hold On to Your ...


hat, socks, shorts --- whatever works for you. This has got to be one of the all time best hunt prizes to date! Nope. Not the outfit; you've seen it before and I do love it, hence it is an "outfit" now. It is the locale that is the big news here.


The cigar smoke is missing, but not much else. It is 1940 film noir; a piano bar and all yours in the Black and White Hunt. Here's the backstory.

When I was over at GOD (Garden of Dreams) buying my grass which I so love as well as a few other things, I saw an upcoming hunt sign. Since I loved the store, I grabbed the notecard as a reminder. At the time it was far into the future, but the future always seems to get here eventually. Then, last night while I was hunting on the A is for Autumn hunt (many goodies found but none unpacked yet as SO busy) I found a prize object from the Black and White hunt, a collection of black and white chess pieces.

So today, after much accomplished in both worlds, I treated myself by going over to GOD (I so love the abbreviation) to see what the prize might be. Surely something wonderful. Yep, but WAY beyond my expectations.

Some  of the products at "The Garden" are scenes that go into pods accessed through bubble rezzers. As I understand it from reading the literature somewhat briefly, you buy the base pod and then purchase scenes that go into it. It is a temp rezzer system it seems. Now don't quote me as it has been a long day and I was so excited to show you this etc. etc. It is always good to do your own research.The scenes are gorgeous, but on the GOD sim they rez very slowly. I have tried a few times for photo shoots with little success. I attributed this in part to the fact that there are MANY going at once.

The Black and White Hunt prize from Garden of Dreams is this scene called Piano Bar. When I first opened the prize hurriedly this afternoon, I thought that was cool for the folks that had a basic bubble. Then I saw that there was a permanent static option also. At 377 prims if I remember correctly, that might not work for a lot of folks. But still, an option. Then this evening after a little rest I actually read the notecard AND the whole list of objects in the prize box. There is a "bubble" included. Rez the bubble, hop in  -- with friends if you want them with you -- and in a click you are up in the air at 1000 meters and the piano bar rezzes around you. When you are done, you click a small glowing globe to get the bubble to reappear and head down to the ground.

I am happy to say that out on the sandbox there were no lag or rezzing issues at all. That sort of answers that question.

Further research this eve shows that the hunt doesn't start until the 23rd. Well hey. Early birds and all of that. The shop is large, but I was very lucky and found the chess pieces right away. There was a couple standing in the shop (always a good sign when you are in hunt mode) and I ventured over to where they were. It turned out they were looking at one of the new releases; oh well. Then I turned around and found the chess pieces right next to a set that I bought a month or so ago. Serendipity? Perhaps.

Now and then I do think I lead a charmed life.

And yes, the nightclub really is  BIG! :D


Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

Hair: A&a ;A Meg Hair 4
Skin: []::Tuli::[] The Dressing Room :: Gina 06
Clothing: Reasonable Desires Cabaret Jacket, Shirt Open ; UppeRFyre BanSidhe Mens Striped Black Pants ;
Shoes: BAX Prestige Boots Black Leather


Poses by:LAP

Comments

Arialle Dufaux said…
What a wonderful store and what a fantastic gift this is!!! I share your excitment!!! Thank you soooo much for sharing your find :-)))

Popular Posts