Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Horray for Hollywood


I attended the Baiastice fashion show last weekend. This top was one of the featured items. Not perhaps the fanciest or the most memorable but definitely the most "me". The fashion show stylist or Sissy Pessoa had paired it with some copper pants and it was striking. But it is PLUM week after all and happily I like purple, so I chose these pants to accompany the look.


The Soda shirt is a mix of several fully saturated hues along with lots of neutrals. A lovely print it could go with many accessories. I found three versions of this shirt when I visited the Baiastice main store, but this was still my fav. Now the pants are really too dark to be called plum -- at least if we go by Luna's color swatch, but they are in the same family and relationships do count.  Putting the outfit together was fun and it enabled me to wear a few items that I love but that seldom make it out of inventory. My G Field shoes never looked so good. I should let you know that the pants have some extremely realistic creases that don't show up in my foggy California morn Windlight settings. The sculpty cuffs also are extremely sleek and work well with most any shoes.



The top dips daringly, not in an X rated way and on some days I will probably wear it sans undershirt, but including an underlayer was good for my modestly the other day when I shot these photos, AND it let me add some more plum to the mix.  I tinted this old and favorite tank as well as the band on my hair. My earrings actually have some plum in them too, but they mostly act as a counterpoint to pick up the teal in the top. All in all I love this look. A little Boho, a little Trust Fund Baby and very much Retro Hollywood.

This is my color challenge post of the week of Plum. I have decided to make a static page that links all these posts in order. It will be fun to see them easily over time. I hope to continue to the end. We will see.


Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

Hair: [LeLutka]-RUSH hair - AuburnHaze
Skin: []::Tuli::[] The Dressing Room :: Gina 04
Clothing: Baiastice_Soda shirt-mod 1; Baiastice_Brinka trousers-purple
Shoes: *GF* Knot Wedge Sanal
Accessories: ::.Flugeln Brise.::Mah_jade

Poses by: Everglow, Diesel Works, LAP

Comments

Luna Jubilee said…
I looked back at my flickr set - and already it looks interesting to see just the few colors we completed!
Neat idea to post all the colors togeher!
I wantted to comment there but couldn't - guessing just a page


Laura!

Popular Posts