Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Being True


The Periodic Table wall art is available from Cheeky Pea at the Mens Dept. You can also purchase the whole group of single letters.

************************************************

And here is the rest of the story. See this post for the beginning if you missed it.


As the typist  I have spent a good part of my life being true to my beliefs. Having made many decisions based on keeping my personal authenticity intact, it wasn't difficult to come to the conclusion that a personal building hiatus is called for.  The changes in the Terms of Service in August were undoubtedly not aimed at me; still, the possible consequences are vast.

I have the luxury of being able to follow my own moral compass with few consequences. I am not trying to put the kids through college or pay the mortgage. I am simply trying to live in a world that I believe in.

In the final analysis this is the platform of Linden Lab. They make the rules; we can choose to follow or not, stay or go.

"Your world."
"Your imagination."

Switching gears.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Well,Linden Lab may make the rules and we, the customer, can choose to abide by the rules or leave. But if enough customers leave then Linden Lab ends up with nothing.

The arrogance portrayed in the new TOS (LL taking all rights to content in perpetuity) bespeaks a total disregard for those who pay the bills and their salaries. And "those who pay the bills" are the customers, supposedly the biggest asset that Linden Lab has. LL certainly don't acknowledge that.

I cannot, in good conscience, recommend to anyone that they join SecondLife at this time, under these conditions.

Linden Lab, I rate you 1 star out of a possible 5 stars.

Electric Eggplant

Popular Posts