Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Literary Gals




Back in the day I did a lot of reading. As a child I consumed (yep, that's the correct word) sometimes two books a day. I have to admit that while some of the modern culture has driven right past my doorway -- the absence of books is not one of them. I still LOVE books -- certain books; my books. Tomes of all types are also one of my favorite decor items.

Before we get to the intellectual part of this post, let's take a look at what I am wearing. From Ducknipple a menswear set for gals with an extensive hud that let's you change jacket and tie textures as well as an "any color you want" color picker for the shirt. There are a lot of jackets in this one garment; great for inventory control. Look for "Danny"!

Now if you are really old like me, you might have this hat-hair combo in your inventory. It was a gift from Christmas 2009. Wow, that is a long time ago. I found it while wandering through hair earlier in the day. It is definitely one of the oldest items in my closet. Thank you Maitreya!  I remember how difficult it was to teleport in to get all the goodies (there were lots), but I did. Good times.


Back to our tale.

Cursed Events started a new -- well let's call it a challenge, shall we?  A Tattered Page is design with a pinch of going back to school. A book is chosen and the content creators base their release on a phrase of the book -- and the section has to be cited (no cheating now).

There is a shopping guide on the website for easy perusing.

I am not an official blogger for this event; bloggers needed to read the book also (insert gasp here) and I am not a big fan of long ago fiction. This round the book was Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

The ring in the photo above is the offering from Bliensen + MaiTai, the Wedding-Night ring. Three other colors are available as well as other metals.

And for you literature buffs, here is the quote that inspired the rings:

"Devil, cease; and do not poison the air with these sounds of malice. I have declared my resolution to you, and I am no coward to bend beneath words. Leave me; I am inexorable."
"It is well. I go; but remember, I shall be with you on your wedding-night."

Profile photo 2010

Journals by 22769 ~ Travellers Clutch
Poses by: Vista animations

Comments

Popular Posts